Duration: 15 to 25 minutes.
In this exercise, you will answer a few questions about database technology and making connections.
- What are a midlevel technologies and what are they used for?
- Name as many mid-level technologies that you can.
- What are some of the "out-of-the-box" solutions that you may use?
- Mid-level technologies are used to help the database, usually a SQL Server, or a MySQL database, that is stored in a hosted environment translate the request form the web-browser into a language the database understands. The answer to the question is then translated back into a language the web-browser understands.
- .NET - a Microsoft operating system platform that incorporates applications, a suite of services and tools to enable productivity: a medium learning curve. PHP - a server-side scripting language designed for web development: a time-consuming learning curve. ColdFusion - a commercial rapid web application development platform owned by Adobe: an easier learning curve.
- Joomla, Drupal, or a WordPress site to name a few.