Understanding the Design Process
Duration: 15 to 25 minutes.
In this exercise, you will answer a few questions about the design process.
- What are two approaches one may take to plan a project? Are there benefits to one verses another?
- What are the four main phases of a project life cycle?
- Name some of the ways to implement a plan.
- Two possible approaches are to use a top-down, or a bottom-up thought process. There are no benefits to either approach - most will use a combination of the two.
- The four main phases are preproject tasks, planning, production, and postproduction.
- Many options exist - use of software like Microsoft Project or free online solutions such as www.freedcamp.com are great ways to share expectations and files with others.