Assigning permissions to SharePoint resources can be done several different ways. One method is to assign a user or group account, typically Windows users or groups, directly to a permission level or add them to a SharePoint group.
The recommended method is to grant permissions by adding user or group account into the SharePoint groups. The following
walk-through will take this recommended approach.
Add a User Account to a SharePoint Group
This walk-through will use the recommended method of adding a Windows user account into a SharePoint group to receive the permissions level assigned to that group.
- Make sure your browser is open to the root team site.
- Click the Settings menu link and then select the Site settings link from the available options.
- Click the Site permissions link on the Site Settings page.
- Click the Grant Permission link button from the
PERMISSIONS tab toolbar.
- Enter DemoUser in the Invite people field and click the
SHOW OPTIONS link.
- Change the Select a group or permission level drop-down option to
<<Site Name>> Visitors [Read] and uncheck the Send an email invitation option.
- Click the Share button to complete the action.