Publishing InfoPath Forms to SharePoint
Publish Custom InfoPath Form
This walk-through will show you how to publish the InfoPath form created in the
previous walk-through. As part of the publishing process, the walk-through will create a new Forms library
with custom library columns. The walk-through will then test the new form by creating a new item in the library.
- Publish the custom form using InfoPath Designer.
- From within InfoPath Designer, click the Save icon in the upper-left corner of the window above the toolbar.
- In the Save As dialog window, keep the default location and
name the file Time-Off leaving the Save as type
set to InfoPath Web Browser Form Template. Click the Save button to complete the process
InfoPath requires that you save the form before you can publish it.
- Click the File tab to get the "Backstage" view of InfoPath Designer.
- Click the Publish button on the "Backstage" view of InfoPath
Designer. This will take you to the publish options tab.
- Click the SharePoint Server option on the Publish tab of the "Backstage" view. This will launch the Publishing Wizard
- In the Publishing Wizard dialog window, enter your SharePoint site URL, "http://<<your
site goes here>>". Click the Next button to continue.
- Leave the default values on the second page of the Publishing Wizard. Click the Next button to continue.
- Leave the default value, Create a new form library selected on the third page of the Publishing Wizard. Click the Next button to continue.
- In the Name field of the Publishing Wizard's fourth page enter "TimeOff". For the Description field
enter "Demo library for requesting time off". Click the Next button to continue.
- On the next and fifth page of the Publishing Wizard, click the Add button next to the first list box under the heading The fields listed below will be available as
columns in SharePoint sites and Outlook folders.
- In the Select a Field or Group dialog window leave the field Name selected with the default settings and click the
- Repeat the previous two steps to add the fields StartDate and ReturnDate. The final list of columns should look like the following
image. Click the Next button to continue.
- Click the Publish button on the sixth page of the Publishing Wizard.
- Click the Close button on the final page of the Publishing Wizard.
- Close InfoPath.
- Test the new TimeOff Forms library and your custom form.
- Switch back to your browser window and select the Contoso Home Site link in the Top Navigation Bar to refresh the page and the Quick Launch
menu so your new library TimeOff shows up on it.
- Click the TimeOff link in the Quick Launch menu.
- Click the
new document link in the TimeOff library to create a new item.
- Note how your new custom form opens with the formatting and fields you created. Use the following image as a guide to filling in the form. Click the date icon
to get a date picker to choose the dates from.
- Click the Save button to save the entries to the "TimeOff" form.
- In the Save As dialog, enter "Homer" for the File name field and click the Save button.
- Click the Close button on the "Time Off" form to close it.
- Note the new item in the TimeOff library and the columns, Start Date, Return Date, and Name
that were created when you published the form. The "Reason" field data on the form is stored inside the InfoPath item file.