Organizing a Presentation in Sections
Organizing a presentation in sections helps you keep track of distinct parts of the presentation and different speakers. Rather than use several separate presentations, consider dividing a long presentation into multiple defined segments. Please note that if you are using PowerPoint 2007, sections will not be available.
Adding sections to a presentation:
- Ensure that the presentation is in Normal view.
- In the Slides tab, right-click on the first slide you want in the section and select Add Section from the context menu.
- By default, Microsoft PowerPoint names the section "Untitled Section". Rename the section using the instructions which follow.
Inserting Section Headers
To rename a section:
- Right-click on the section name and select Rename Section from the context menu.
- Enter a new name in the Section name field.
- Click Rename.
Watch and follow along as your instructor walks you through the different section commands.