Schedule a Meeting
You can use Outlook's Calendar to schedule meetings with colleagues.
To schedule an Outlook meeting:
- In Calendar view, from the Calendar Ribbon, on the HOME tab, in the NEW group, select New Meeting.
- In the To field, enter the invitees' email addresses.
- Press Tab to move to the Subject field.
- Enter a meeting subject, and press Tab to move to the Location field.
- Enter a location for the meeting. If you are using Outlook associated with Exchange server, you can use the Room Finder feature to locate a room, by selecting Room Finder in the Options group of the MEETING tab.
- Set a start time using the Start time day and time drop-down arrows.
- Set a meeting end time using the End time day and time drop-down arrows.
- If desired, enter a message in the body of the invitation.
- If the meeting is a recurring meeting, from the MEETING tab of the meeting, select Recurrence in the Options group.
- Configure the options in the Appointment Recurrence dialog box and click OK.
- To send the invitation, click Send.
You can use the Scheduling Assistant to view your invitees' calendars while scheduling a meeting. In the Show group of the MEETING tab, select Assistant.
You can schedule resources for your meetings, such as equipment and rooms, in Outlook.
- While in the meeting invitation, select Scheduling from the Show group.
- In the left column, enter the name of the resource.
- In the second column, click the drop-down arrow and select the green house icon to indicate the resource.
Set Calendar Item Importance
You can set a priority for a calendar item much like you do for email messages, to allow recipients to categorize meetings.
To set a priority for a meeting:
- While in the new invitation, select an item in the Tags group of the MEETING tab of the Ribbon. Choose from Private, High Importance, or Low Importance.
Schedule a Meeting from a Message
You can schedule a meeting from an email message.
To schedule a meeting from a message:
- Open the message.
- From the Respond group of the MESSAGE tab, select Meeting.
- Enter the meeting information, date and start and end times, and add recipients if need be. The original message appears in your meeting invitation.
- Click Send to send the meeting invitation.