Setting Up an Email Account
Before you can begin using Outlook 2013, you will need to set up an email account by adding and configuring it.
To set up an email account:
- Select the FILE menu tab.
- In Backstage view, select Info, if it is not already selected.
- Under Account Information, click Add Account.
- In the Add New Account dialog box, enter your name, email address, and password (enter and re-enter your password).
- Click Next.
- You will see a message indicating that Outlook is configuring your email address. This may take a few minutes.
- When the account is configured, you will see a message indicating this. Click Finish to exit the Add New Account dialog box.
In Outlook 2007, to set up a new account, select Tools and then select Account Settings.