Update a Contact
After entering information for your contacts, you may have a need to update your contacts with new information.
To update an Outlook contact:
- If you are not already in the Contacts area of Outlook, select People (Contacts in Outlook 2010) in the Navigation Pane.
- Select the contact you want to update by double-clicking it, which launches the contact's People Card.
- Enter the new information in the relevant field(s).
- When you are done, click Save (Save & Close from the Actions group of the CONTACT tab in the Ribbon in Outlook 2010).
- The contact information is now updated.
Share a Contact
You can share your contacts with others.
To share a contact:
- Within the contact, on the CONTACT tab, in the Actions group, select Forward.
- Select a contact format.
- A message containing the contact launches. Fill in the To information, a subject if desired, and click Send to send it.
Attach Notes to Contacts
You can attach a note to a contact in Outlook.
To attach a note to a contact:
- In People view, select the contact to which you want to add the note.
- Select NOTES.
- Select Edit.
- Type the note and click Save to save it.