Performing a Mail Merge
Duration: 15 to 25 minutes.
In this exercise, you will perform a mail merge using Outlook contacts.
- Using the Mail Merge feature, send an email to the two contacts you created in the previous exercise, asking when they are available next week for a meeting.
- Send the email messages.
- In the Contacts area, select the two contacts by pressing and holding Ctrl as you click each contact.
- From the Contacts Ribbon Home tab, in the Actions group, select Mail Merge.
- Under Merge options, from the Merge to: drop-down list, select E-mail.
- In the Message subject line that is displayed, type the subject of the email.
- Click OK.
- In Microsoft Word, on the Word Ribbon, on the displayed Mailings tab, in the Write & Insert Fields group, select Greeting Line.
- Leave the default options as they are, and click OK.
- The Greeting Line now appears in the Word document.
- Press Enter, and type the body and closing of your email message.
- From the Preview Results group on the Mailings tab of the Ribbon, select Preview Results.
- Use the arrows in the Preview Results group to click through a preview of each individual email.
- From the Finish group on the Mailings tab, select Finish & Merge.
- From the drop-down list, select Send E-mail Messages.
- In the displayed Merge to E-mail dialog box, click OK to send the messages.