Perform a Mail Merge
The Mail Merge feature of Outlook 2013 allows you to send an email to multiple contacts in such a way that it will appear to each contact that he or she is the only recipient. You can personalize the information that you send so that each person is the only one in the To field, and you can alter the contents of the message to suit each individual.
To perform a Mail Merge:
- In the Contacts area, select the email's recipients by pressing and holding Ctrl as you click each contact.
- From the Contacts Ribbon HOME tab, in the Actions group, select Mail Merge.
- Leave the Only selected contacts radio button selected, as well as New document under Document file, and under Merge options, from the Merge to: drop-down list, select E-mail.
- In the Message subject line that is displayed, type the subject of the email.
- Click OK.
- Microsoft Word will open, which is where you will compose your message.
- On the Word Ribbon, on the displayed MAILINGS tab, in the Write & Insert Fields group, select Greeting Line.
- In the Insert Greeting Line dialog box, if you want to change any greeting options, make your changes.
- Click OK.
- The Greeting Line now appears in the Word document.
- Press Enter, and type the body and closing of your email message.
- From the Preview Results group on the MAILINGS tab of the Ribbon, select Preview Results.
- Use the arrows in the Preview Results group to click through a preview of each individual email.
- From the Finish group on the MAILINGS tab, select Finish & Merge.
- From the drop-down list, select Send E-mail Messages.
- In the displayed Merge to E-mail dialog box, click OK.
- Word sends the email to each recipient.