Add, Delete, Import, and Print a Contact
Adding a contact in Outlook is done in the Contacts area, which is accessible from the Outlook Navigation Pane.
To add a contact:
- Access the Contacts area by selecting People (Contacts in Outlook 2010) in the Navigation Pane.
- On the HOME tab of the Contacts Ribbon, in the New group, select New Contact.
- In the Contact dialog box that is displayed, enter the contact's name in the Full Name field, and press Tab.
- Enter other contact details, as desired, and press Tab to move through the fields.
- To use this contact to create email messages to the person, be sure to enter his or her email address in the E-mail field in the Internet section.
- To add an image, click the person icon, in the Add Contact dialog box locate the contact image file, and click Open to add it.
- To add a tag to the contact, from the CONTACTS tab, select an option in the Tags group.
- When you have finished entering the information, select Save & Close from the Actions group of the CONTACT tab in the Ribbon.
To delete a contact:
- In the Contacts area, select the contact to delete.
- From the HOME tab, in the Delete group, click Delete.
To import a contact:
- Select the FILE menu and click Open & Export (Import in Outlook 2010 and in Outlook 2007, select File and Import and Export).
- Select Import/Export.
- Select Import a VCARD file and click Next.
- Locate the contact and select Open to import it.
To print a contact:
- In the Contacts area, select the contact to print.
- Right-click the contact and select Quick Print.