The simplest (not always the easiest) way to enter a formula in Excel is to:
- Select the cell in which you wish to enter a formula.
- Press "=" on your keyboard.
- Select the first cell which contains data you will use in your formula.
- Type the operator (+, -, *, or /).
- Select the second cell which contains data you will use in your formula.
- If necessary, type additional operators and select additional cells. If some operations should be performed before others, enclose those operations in parentheses.