Working with Font Group Commands
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
In this exercise, you will use commands found on the Font group to begin formatting the profit & loss statement for Dave's Lemonade Stand.
- Continue working in the workbook from the last exercise or open Dave's Lemonade Stand - Working with Font Group Commands.xlsx from your Excel2013.1/Exercises folder.
- Format the profit & loss statement for Dave's Lemonade Stand so that it looks like the below: For the fill color, choose any color you like. In the solution, we use Red, Accent 2, Lighter 60%.
- Open or go to the specified file.
- Select column A by clicking on the "A" at the top of the column:
- On the HOME tab, in the Font group, click the Bold command.
- Select row 1 by clicking on the "1" to the left of the row:
- Click the Bold command twice (as cell A1 is already bolded, the first time you click bold, A1 will be unbolded, making all cells the same. The second time you click bold, all cells in the row will be bolded).
- Select cell A2 and click the drop-down arrow next to the Font Size command and select 14:
- Repeat this step for cells A5, A6, A10 and A11.
- Select cells A1:E11 and click the drop-down arrow next to the Shading command and select Outside Borders:
- Repeat this step, choosing the appropriate borders selection, until all borders have been added.
- Select cells A1:E1 and click the drop-down arrow next to the Fill Color command and select a color:
- Repeat this step for cells A5:E5 and A10:E11.
- Save the workbook.