Preparing to Print
Duration: 10 to 20 minutes.
In this exercise, you will prepare your worksheet for printing.
- Continue working in the workbook from the last exercise or open Dave's Lemonade Stand - Preparing to Print.xlsx from your Excel2013.1/Exercises folder.
- Center data horizontally and vertically on the page.
- Set the page orientation to landscape.
- Set the worksheet to print on one page.
- Add the picture LemonadeLogo.gif, found in your Excel2013.1/Exercises folder, to the header in the center section.
- Save the workbook.
- Open or go to the specified file.
- To center data horizontally and vertically on the page:
- On the PAGE LAYOUT tab, in the Page Setup group, click the Margins command:
- Select Custom Margins:
- In the Center on Page section, check both Horizontally and Vertically and click OK:
- To set the page orientation to landscape:
- On the PAGE LAYOUT tab, in the Page Setup group, click the Orientation command:
- Select Landscape:
- To set the worksheet to print on one page:
- On the PAGE LAYOUT tab, in the Scale to Fit group, set the Width and Height to 1 page:
- To add the logo to the header:
- On the INSERT tab, in the Text group, click Header & Footer:
- On the Header & Footer Tools Design tab, in the Header & Footer Elements group, click Picture:
- Surf to your Excel2013.1/Exercises folder, select LemonadeLogo.gif, and click INSERT:
- Save the workbook. If you print it, it should look like this: