Entering Text and Using AutoComplete - Exercise
Entering Text and Using AutoComplete
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
Before the end of this course we will build a spreadsheet showing the quarterly profit & loss statement for a fictitious company called Dave's Lemonade Stand. This is the first of these exercises. The spreadsheet will ultimately look like the below:
In this exercise, you will enter income and expense categories in column A of a new worksheet.
- Open a new workbook and enter text, using AutoComplete whenever possible, in column A so that your worksheet looks like the following:
- Save the workbook as Dave's Lemonade Stand.xlsx in your Excel2013.1/Exercises folder.
- Open a new workbook.
- Select cell A2, type "Income", and press Enter.
- Enter the required text in cells A3:A7.
- In cells A8 and A9, type "S" and press Enter.
- Enter the required text in cells A10 and A11.
- Save the workbook in your Excel2013.1/Exercises folder.