Accessibility Developer Tools Extension - Exercise
Accessibility Developer Tools Extension
Duration: 5 to 15 minutes.
- Visit the Chrome Webstore page for the Accessibility Developer Tools extension from a Chrome browser.
- Install the extension and restart Chrome.
- Visit a website of your choice and use the tools to evaluate how well the page presents code in a manner friendly for users who employ assistive technology like screen readers:
- Right-click on any part of the page and select "Inspect".
- Select the "Audit" panel.
- Check the "Accessibility" option.
- Run the audit.
The results shown in the screenshot below give a sense of how well the page uses meaningful
alt tags, marks up elements, codes forms, and other aspects of how friendly the code is for users who employ assistive technology.