Identifying Co-relation Between Two Metrics - Exercise
Identifying Co-relation Between Two Metrics
Duration: 10 to 20 minutes.
- The number of pageviews on your website is increasing. How would you determine if this increase in pageviews is associated with an increase in traffic (i.e., more people coming to your website) or is associated with an increase in engagement (i.e., the same amount of visitors started looking at more pages).
- First navigate to the Visitors Overview report using the report navigation panel.
- Use the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner and select the Compare Metricoption.
- Check the relation between Unique Visitors with Pageviewsby selecting appropriate radio buttons (refer to the below screen shot).
- Use the same method described above to check the relation between Pageviews and Pages/Visit by selecting the appropriate radio buttons.
From the above screen shot we can say that pageviews in this example are driven by visitors and not by engagement.