Applications of the Search Engine and Keywords Traffic Reports - Exercise
Applications of the Search Engine and Keywords Traffic Reports
Duration: 15 to 20 minutes.
- The marketing department at your company has decided to start a paid online advertisement campaign. Using Google Analytics determine which search engine and website would be the most ideal for launching the online marketing campaign for your company's website.
- Using Google Analytics determine the preferred language for the online marketing campaign.
- Use the Traffic Sources reports to determine which keywords are driving the most traffic to your site.
Application of the Traffic Sources Report:
- From the Analytics Setting Screen select the Webucator account.
- Select www.remotecourse.com as the profile to work on.
- From the Report Navigational panel select the Traffic Sources category.
- Select the All Traffic Sources report. Note the different types of sources (search engines and referral web sites) which are sending traffic to your website.
- Now, use the Dimension drop down menu and select the item Language. This will help in identifying the preferred language used by your visitors from the respective sources.
- For question #3 simply select the Keywords report to display the list of keywords along with the respective number of visits associated with them.