Tracking Online Marketing Campaigns through Google Analytics
Google AdWords offers pay-per-click (PPC) or cost-per-click (CPC) advertising methods. Google Analytics can track visits and conversions from all of these online marketing methods.
- Within your AdWords account, go to the My Account -- Account Preferences area. Then click edit link next to Tracking.
- Select the box that says Destination URL Auto-tagging.
- Click Save Changes.
- Within your Google Analytics account, click the 'wheel', and then All Accounts tab and choose your desired account.
- Within your account, choose Data Sources, and choose the appropriate 'AdWords Cost Sources linked to (Your Account)'.
- Then, looking at the Usage in Analytics, you can choose which profiles receive your Google AdWords data.
All your AdWords data (impressions, clicks, cost) will automatically be imported into your Google Analytics account.