Time on Site Goal Implementation Exercise - Exercise
Time on Site Goal Implementation Exercise
Duration: 20 to 30 minutes.
A product company added a new troubleshooting section to their website. You would like to measure its effectiveness. Accomplish this task using Goals in Google Analytics.
- From your Google Analytics Settings page, first select the appropriate account (e.g. RemoteCourse) and then select a profile for which you wish to create a goal. Click on Edit in the actions column to edit the profile settings.
- Click on the +Goal tab and you will be taken to the Goal Settings page.
- Provide a relevant Goal Name, (e.g Time on Site Goal). Select the Goal Position, (e.g Set2, Goal1) and choose your Goal Type as Time on Site.
- Assume that the average time on site before adding the troubleshooting section was 2 minutes and 30 seconds. You expect that people will at least spend an extra half minute to check the newly added troubleshooting section.
- Thus, in the Goal Details section, select the Greater than condition and set the time criteria to 3 minutes.
- Click on Save Goal to complete the goal creation process.