Monetizing Goals Exercise
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
Assume that remotecourse.com is a non Ecommerce website. Develop a goal to measure sales leads generated on remotecourse.com. Apply a monetary value to every sales lead obtained via this website.
- From your Google Analytics Settings page, first select the appropriate account (e.g. RemoteCourse) and then select a profile for which you wish to create a goal. Click on Edit in the actions column to edit the profile settings.
- Click on the +Goal tab and you will be taken to the Goal Settings page.
- Provide a relevant Goal Name, (e.g Sales Leads). Select the Goal Position, (e.g Set1, Goal1) and choose your Goal Type as URL Destination.
- In the Goal Details section, select the Match Type as Exact Match and copy-paste an appropriate URL into the Goal URL field.
- Select the Case Sensitive option to match the capitalization of your goal URL.
- To assign a goal value, let us assume that the average order value from a sales lead is $200 and Webucator is able to close 20% of their sales leads.
- Under these assumptions, the goal value will be 20% of 200 = $ 40.
- Click on Save Goal to complete the goal creation process.