Keyword Discovery and Keyword Research
The first step in this process is to come up with as many keywords as you can think of relating to your products/services. Before you seek help from keyword tools, it is recommended that you build your own keyword list using an Excel file. A good keyword discovery process is as follows:
- Build a high-level list of your products and services by looking at the content available on your Web site.
- Examine your print collateral or content available in your marketing emails and identify specific keywords.
- Review your competition's Web site and try to identify those elements which distinguish your products/services from your competition.
- Look at keywords report in your Google Analytics account (highly recommended).
- If you have an internal site search tool on your Web site, then examine keywords typed in your internal site search. Google Analytics has dedicated reports to analyze internal keywords.
There are various tools offered by Google and third parties which will aid your keyword research. Here is a list of some keyword tools:
- Google Keyword Planner Tool
- Google Insights for Search
The above tools will help you in building up your keyword list.