Account Setup: Part I
Duration: 15 to 20 minutes.
Create an appropriate account structure for the following businesses:
- A parent company opens a subsidiary which provides services in three primary areas: online technical training, online business training, online consulting. Structure your Google AdWords account appropriately.
- An online electronic store has different product categories, such as TVs, Home Theater Systems, and Video Games. They also have services arm which provides maintenance and recycling services for electronic items. Structure your Google AdWords account appropriately.
Solution 1: There are multiple ways to achieve the above task. Here is the recommended way:
- Create a separate AdWords account for your subsidiary.
- Create three different campaigns based on individual services offered. Label your campaigns as Tech Training Campaign, Business Training Campaign and Consulting Campaign.
- Within each campaign create different Ad Groups (e.g., the Tech Training Campaign can have Ad Groups for HTML Training, Java Script Training, etc.).
Solution 2: There are multiple ways to achieve the above task. Here is the recommended way: