Creating Ad Campaigns
At this point, we have worked with all the elements within Google AdWords and created the essential building blocks of an AdWords campaign. Now we will cover how you put them all together in your AdWords account.
Step 1: If this is your first campaign, then you can click Create your first campaign button to start building your campaign.
If this is not your first campaign in your Google AdWords account, then first navigate to the Campaigns tab. Click on the + CAMPAIGN button as shown in the following screen shot:
Step 2: You can choose your campaign settings (name for your new campaign, audience language, location, network settings, bidding and budget options, etc.) as shown in the following example:
You will need to provide the following basic information to create your campaign:
- Provide a name for your campaign (e.g., Promote Services).
- Select the language your ad will be written in and the locations where you want your Ads to appear (location of potential customers).
- Select where you want your ad to appear. For this course, we want to select Google's search results. You have an option to select devices on which you want your ad to appear. For this course, use the default setting (i.e., All available devices).
- Enter the amount you're willing to spend on average each day for this ad campaign. Your budget will help determine how many times your ad can be shown each day.
- Click the Save and Continue button at the bottom of the page.