Demo: Creating Motion Presets
If you want to repeat a motion again and again you can store it as a Motion Preset. These stay with the application, so you will be able to use your custom presets on other documents in the future.
- Either continue with your own file or open AdvancedAnimation/demos/Animation2.fla.
- First, let's replace the animation for the word "run" with a Motion Preset for a more complicated animation.
- Open the Motion Presets Panel and select the tween on the race layer.
- Apply the "fly-in blur left" preset. You will be asked whether you want to replace the existing motion. Choose "Yes."
- Modify the animation any way you like (for example, adjust the position at the end of the tween stretch the animation to take more or fewer frames, adjust the path of the animation, etc...).
Add the drop shadow filter back to the first keyframe for the tween. (It was removed since it was not a part of the Motion Preset.)
- When you are satisfied with your changes, you are ready to save it as a Motion Preset. Right-click on the timeline in the Motion Tween and select Save as Motion Preset...
- Name your preset something like "fly in words".
- You are now ready to apply your custom preset to the other words. Click on the next word and open the Motion Presets Panel. In the Custom Presets folder you will find your new preset!
- Click Apply.