Write a Thank You Letter Using a Template Letter - Exercise
Write a Thank You Letter Using a Template Letter
Duration: 5 to 15 minutes.
In this exercise, you will create a new document using a Microsoft template.
- Locate an Office.com template to use to write a personal letter to a friend thanking him or her for a gift.
- Download the template.
- Replace the content of the template's text place holders with your name and address, and a friend's name and address.
- Save the document as Thank you letter.docx in your Word2013.1/Exercises folder.
- Leave the file open as we will be using it in future exercises.
In Microsoft Office 2013:
- From the FILE menu, select New.
- From Selected searches, select Letters.
- From Categories, select Thank You.
- Double-click Thank you letter for personal gift to download and open the template.
- Replace the template content with your name and address and a friend's name and address.
- Click FILE > Save As:
- Navigate to the Word2013.1/Exercises folder.
File name: type "Thank you letter".
Save as type: select "Word document (*.docx)."
- If a dialog box appears asking you if you want to save changes to the document template, click No.