The Font group is located on the Home tab. The most commonly used commands in the Font group are:
Font. Choose between a wide selection of fonts.
Font Size. Change the size of your text.
Bold. Bold your text.
Italic. Italicize your text.
Underline. Underline your text.
Strikethrough. Strikethrough your text.
Text Highlight Color. Highlight your text.
Font Color. Change the color of your text.
Clear All Formatting. Clear all formatting in the selection and return the text to its default.
Clear Existing Formatting
You can clear the formatting in a document by selecting the section you want to clear (or press Ctrl+A to select the entire document), and from the Home tab in the Font group, select Clear All Formatting.
You can set indentation in your document using the Paragraph dialog box.
To set indentation:
- On the Home tab, select the Paragraph group Dialog Box Launcher.
- In the Paragraph dialog box, set the options in the Indentation section and click OK.
Change Text to WordArt
You can quickly and easily add visual appeal to Word text using WordArt.
To change text to WordArt:
- Select the text you want to convert to WordArt.
- From the Insert tab, in the Text group, select WordArt.
- Select an option from the drop-down list.
Insert Special Characters
You can insert special characters in your Word documents. To insert a special character:
- Click in your document where you want to insert the character.
- Select the Insert tab, and from the Symbols group, select Symbol drop-down list.
- Select a displayed symbol, or click More Symbols to view all of the available characters.
- Select the character you want to insert using the Symbols and Special Characters tabs, and click Insert to insert it into your document.
When you right-click on an item in Word 2016 or 2019, one of the available options is Smart Lookup.
This will launch the Insights pane, which is powered by Bing, Microsoft's search engine. Articles, definitions, images, and so on will appear in the pane.
You can also launch the Insights pane by selecting the Review tab and then selecting Smart Lookup in the Insights group.
Watch and follow along as your instructor shows you the most commonly used commands in the Font group.