Checking Spelling & Grammar
Duration: 5 to 15 minutes.
In this exercise, you will check a document for spelling and grammar mistakes. Open or go to Plants in my yard.docx (in the Word2013.1/Exercises folder) for use in this exercise.
- Check the document for spelling and grammar mistakes.
- To check the document for spelling and grammar mistakes:
- Move your cursor to the top left of the document.
- From the Proofing group on the REVIEW tab, select Spelling & Grammar.
- Correct errors by selecting Change or Change All. For plant names not recognized by the dictionary, select Ignore, Ignore All, or Add. For errors, select Change or Change All.
- Note that while grammar is handled in the same way as spelling, it is important to consider grammar selections rather than just accepting all of them. Unlike spelling, grammar is not always a matter of right and wrong.