Create a Microsoft Word Document
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
In this exercise, you will create, save, and close a Microsoft Word document. If you currently have Microsoft Word open, please close it before starting the exercise.
- Create and save the following document in your ClassFiles/Word2013.1/Exercises folder:
- From the Start Menu, select All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Word 2013.
- Type "Today I am going to learn Microsoft Word!"
- Click FILE > Save As (If using Microsoft Word 2007, click the Microsoft Office button and select Save As):
- Navigate to ClassFiles/Word2013.1/Exercises.
File name: type "My First Word Document".
Save as type: select "Word document (*.docx)" if it is not already selected.
- Click FILE > Close. (If using Microsoft Word 2007, click the Microsoft Office button and select Close.)