Working with SmartArt
Duration: 10 to 20 minutes.
In this exercise, you will add a SmartArt graphic showing the relationships between the plants in the document in which we have been working.
- Open or go to Plants in my yard - Intermediate.docx.
- Insert a SmartArt graphic at the end of your document that looks like the image below (the plant names are listed below the image for easier reading):
Save your document.
- Japanese Maple
- Red Bud
- Butterfly Weed
- Purple Coneflower
- Bleeding Heart
- Siberian Iris
- Ground Covers
- Place your cursor at the end of your document, a line below the "Count of Attributes" image.
- From the INSERT tab, in the Illustrations group, click SmartArt:
- In the dialog box that opens, click Hierarchy and then the image titled Hierarchy, and then OK:
- From the SMARTART TOOLS DESIGN tab, in the Create Graphic group, click Text Pane:
- Enter text and add additional boxes in the second and third rows by typing and pressing Enter and Tab:
- From the SMARTART TOOLS FORMAT tab, in the Shape Styles group, click Shape Fill and then select a color:
- Save the document.