Using Formatting Symbols
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
In this exercise, you will use formatting symbols to find and remove extraneous tab and paragraph marks.
- Open or go to Plants in my yard - Intermediate.docx.
- Show formatting symbols.
- Find and remove extraneous tab and paragraph marks on the first page of the document.
- Save the document as we will continue to build on this document in future exercises.
- On the HOME tab, in the Paragraph group, click the Show/Hide Paragraph Mark command:
- Delete the paragraph and tab marks highlighted in the image below:
- Save the document.