Removing Duplicates from a List
Excel makes it easy to remove duplicates from a list, which can be really helpful when working with long lists. To remove duplicates from a list:
- Select a cell within the list that you wish to remove duplicates from.
- On the DATA tab, in the Data Tools group, click the Remove Duplicates command:
- In the Remove Duplicates dialog box:
- Depending on whether your list has headers, check or uncheck My data has headers.
- Check those columns that contain duplicates you wish to remove.
- Click OK.
- Click OK in the dialog box that appears telling you how many values were found and removed, and how many values remain.