Removing Duplicates from a List
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
In this exercise, you will practice removing the duplicates from a list.
- Open Remove Duplicates.xlsx from your Excel2013.2/Exercises folder.
- The list in this worksheet shows all sales by customer. You would like to see a list showing each customer just once. Use the Remove Duplicates command to create this list.
- Select any cell within the list.
- On the DATA tab, in the Data Tools group, click the Remove Duplicates command:
- In the Remove Duplicates dialog box:
- Verify that My data has headers is checked.
- Under Columns, make sure Customer is checked and Sale is not checked.
- Click OK.
- Click OK in the dialog box that appears telling you how many values were found and removed, and how many values remain: