Reviewing Delivery Formats
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
In this exercise, you will use your knowledge of delivery formats to answer the following questions.
- The graphic design department of your company is purchasing a new design software next month. They have a group of 12 designers in offices across the United States who need to be trained on the software quickly. It's essential that each student come away from the training fully ready to use the new software so that productivity will remain consistent during the transition. Which delivery format should be used to train the designers?
- The sales team at your multinational company is based in the United States, the UK, and Japan. There are 85 members of the team across these three locations. A new sales-tracking web-based program is being rolled out next quarter, and the sales team needs to receive training, which is expected to be three hours in length. Which delivery format should be used to train the sales team?
- You have been hired by a restaurant chain to help design training on a new register system that the restaurant is going to start using. All servers and managers, 25 in total, are going to be attending a kickoff meeting on the new system at the restaurant's headquarters. Which delivery format would you recommend to train the restaurant workers?
- Virtual classroom learning. The group is dispersed, so it's most cost effective to complete the training online. Since time and accountability are factors, it's important to complete the training with a live instructor, who can guide them through the material quickly and ensure that all students are paying attention.
- Self-paced training. Since the team is large and dispersed across three different countries that are also in different time zones, self-paced training would be beneficial to use in this situation, as well as a cost effective training option, since the training itself will be fairly brief. Each sales team member would be required to complete the training on his or her own, via computer, within a certain timeframe.
- Instructor-led training (ILT). Since the group will be meeting at the restaurant's headquarters and is moderately sized, it would make sense to have them receive the training in person, from an instructor who is knowledgeable and skilled in the new system.