Check for Understanding: Respect Your Time - Exercise
Check for Understanding: Respect Your Time
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
In this exercise, you will answer the following questions about respecting your time.
- Which of the following is an example of not respecting your time?
- Focusing on things that matter to you.
- Treating time as a valuable commodity.
- Tolerating frequent interruptions.
- Saying "No" to work you cannot take on.
- You can respect others' time by which of the following actions? You can select more than one choice:
- Being on time for meetings
- Meeting deadlines.
- Never keeping others waiting.
- Checking with others whether it's ok to interrupt them.
- Calculate how much your employer is paying you per hour. Think about your normal work day habits and identify three areas in which you can make changes to regain an hour of your time each day.
- C. Tolerating frequent interruptions.
- A, B, C, and D.
- Review the presentation following this exercise for some suggestions about gaining back time in your day.