Tools, Services, and Management
There are numerous Facebook tools and applications that are available to companies. You can search for applications using the top search bar on Facebook.
Here are some of the more popular tools and services that companies are currently using:
- When responding to any comments, you can use the @ sign to highlight a user's name. You can also use this to mention other companies in your comments. A notification will be sent to the user's account indicating that your company has responded to them.
- Using HTML applications, you can create customized pages of content on your company profile (e.g., contest page, photo gallery, product profile, etc.).
- You can share your content form other social media platforms, including WordPress, Twitter, and YouTube using Facebook applications that they provide.
- You can use any of the numerous contest applications available. These applications allow your company to host Facebook contests ton engage your audience. A popular contest application is WildFire Interactive.
From a management perspective, here are some considerations:
- Make sure you have a specific policy related to who can post on behalf of your company.
- Encourage employees to help provide content for Facebook posts.
- Since Facebook is a fun platform, have fun with content development ideas.