Understanding Diversity Laws
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
Answer the following questions and then discuss as a class.
- Title VII prohibits employment discrimination based on all of the following except which one?
- Parental status
- National origin
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 protects individuals with disabilities from discrimination, and require that employers do what?
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 protects applicants and employees from discrimination on the basis of age. What ages are protected?
- All ages
- 40 years of age or older
- 18 years of age or older
- 18 years of age or younger
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963 requires companies to pay employees the same wages when performing equal work in the same establishment. This law requires equal pay between which diversity groups?
- Employees from different cultural backgrounds
- Employees from different age groups
- Women and Men
- Employees with different religious beliefs
- E. Parental status is not protected under Title VII but it is a diversity category.
- Employers must provide applicants and employees with disabilities with reasonable accommodations in the workplace.
- B. 40 years of age or older
- C. Women and men