Understanding How to Overcome Obstacles - Exercise
Understanding How to Overcome Obstacles
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
Answer the following questions and then discuss as a class.
- True or False: Employees need to learn how to ignore stereotypes and biases so they no longer exist.
- Which if the following is NOT a good way to increase diversity awareness in the workplace?
- Create a policy.
- Require diversity training.
- Have resources available for employee questions.
- Hire people from different cultures and expect employees to get used to it.
- Why is hiring a diverse workforce not enough to promote diversity?
- False. It is impossible to expect people not to have biases and trying to ignore them does not solve the problem.
- D. Hire people from different cultures and expect employees to get used to it.
- The whole business culture must change, not just the people. It starts by getting the employees involved and giving everyone responsibility. Showing the benefits of diversity and allowing employees to really know and understand each other is very important.