Understanding How to Manage Diversity Discrimination - Exercise
Understanding How to Manage Diversity Discrimination
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
Answer the following questions and then discuss as a class.
- If a victim tells a supervisor he or she is being harassed, what should the supervisor do first?
- Tell the employee to call a lawyer.
- Tell the employee that he or she is overreacting.
- Tell the employee, "Sorry but HR is the only department that can help."
- Help the employee by making him or her feel safe and by listening to the problem.
- What are good ways for a supervisor to lead by example and prevent diversity discrimination?
- Treat all of their employees equally.
- Value each employee's contributions.
- Stop discriminatory behavior immediately.
- All of the above.
- D. Help the employee
- D. All of the above.