Understanding How to Take Action
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
Answer the following questions and then discuss as a class.
- What should a victim or witness do if they do not feel comfortable telling a harasser face to face to stop what they are doing?
- Write a letter
- Have a co-worker confront the harasser
- Ignore the harasser
- Contact Human Resources
- True or False: The victim and any witnesses should keep a record of any details related to the harassment or discrimination.
- If you do not get a timely or helpful response from your company after reporting an incident, who should you contact?
- A. or D. Depending on the situation, the best option is to write a letter or to contact Human Resources.
- True. Keep copies of any email or letters and document any dates, times and details.
- The EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission)