Understanding How to Identify Discrimination - Exercise
Understanding How to Identify Discrimination
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
Answer the following questions and then discuss as a class.
- Which of the following is NOT one of the classes protected by harassment laws?
- National Origin
- Marital status
- Genetic Information
- Which of the following is an offensive harassment action?
- A joke is sent through personal email that makes fun of certain races. An employee shares the joke with a few of his co-workers.
- A woman has a calendar hung up in her cubicle with pictures of firemen with limited clothing.
- A co-worker threatens an Asian employee because he feels that he was laid-off because the company needed an Asian employee to meet their quota.
- All of the above.
- Which of the following is NOT a discrimination offensive action?
- A hiring manager chooses not to hire a candidate because she is a blonde woman.
- A supervisor gives the male employees higher raises than the female employees.
- A supervisor gives a promotion to an employee that is the oldest on the team and has the most experience and is the most qualified person on the team.
- F. Marital Status
- D. All of the Above
- C. The employee received the promotion because he or she was the most qualified candidate, not because of his or her age.