Understanding the Understanding Cornerstone - Exercise
Understanding the Understanding Cornerstone
Duration: 10 to 15 minutes.
Answer the following questions and then discuss as a class.
- To understand diversity means you can see how different people view the world and you can ________?
- Which of the following would be a good way to better understand someone with a disability?
- Volunteer at the Special Olympics
- Learn sign language
- Try using a wheelchair
- Any of the above
- How can trying foods from different parts of the world increase your understanding of diversity?
- B. Empathize
- D. Any of the above
- You can discover traditions, special meanings, and cultural stories associated with the different foods.