Check for Understanding: Monitoring Service Standards - Exercise
Check for Understanding: Monitoring Service Standards
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
In this exercise, please respond to the questions:
- Monitoring service standards is the responsibility of which of the following groups?
- Service Teams.
- Financial Partners.
- In the following scenario, which method of monitoring service standards is the manager using? Manager Bob calls a meeting of the department supervisors to discuss a problem he noticed when walking through the call center. Several of the employees were on break at the same time and the phones were ringing without being answered.
- One-on-one meeting.
- Regular staff meeting.
- Informal discussion.
- Each employee is responsible for his or her own performance relevant to the annual goals. How is this related to service standards?
- There is no relevance. Annual goals and service standards are different responsibilities.
- Service standards are the same thing as annual goals.
- Annual goals are tied to service standards.
- Performance levels are calculated based on service standard adherence, not annual goal achievement.
- A and C. The managerial staff and the service teams are responsible for monitoring service standards.
- A. Observation.
- C. Annual goals are tied to service standards.