Check for Understanding: Develop Loyal Customers - Exercise
Check for Understanding: Develop Loyal Customers
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
In this exercise, please respond to the following questions:
- Which of the following may not be a good way to keep in touch with your loyal customers?
- Customizing messages so they meet the immediate needs of your customers.
- Sending an email blast to your customers once a week.
- Targeting your messages to the right customer at the right time.
- Surveying customers to discover how they feel about your company.
- Rewarding loyal customers will let them know you value them and their loyalty to the company.
- Read the following scenario and answer the questions after it. Two customers walk into a furniture store at the same time. Two sales people are standing near the sofa display talking to each other. The first customer walks to the mattress display and starts looking around. The second customer heads to the sofa department. Both of the sales staff walk away, one following the customer into the mattress area and one going to the office where the phone is ringing. One customer is engaged immediately in a discussion about the mattresses and the other is left standing there for over five minutes while the second sales person answers the phone call.
- How do you think the second customer is going to react?
- What could the second sales person have done to make the second customer feel more welcome?
- B. Sending an email blast to your customers once a week.
- Answers to both questions will vary, but the discussion should include having the second salesperson acknowledge the presence of the second customer, excusing himself or herself to quickly answer the phone, and making arrangements to call the phone customer back.