Check for Understanding: Create Memorable Service - Exercise
Check for Understanding: Create Memorable Service
Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
In this exercise, please respond to the following questions:
- Which of the following can be considered great customer service practices?
- Following a customer around the store.
- Ignoring a customer who needs attention.
- Talking to your friends and co-workers while customers wait.
- Smiling and acknowledging a customer the moment he or she arrives.
- When providing memorable customer service, it is important to remember to:
- Be consistent.
- Be sincere.
- Be funny.
- Be proactive.
- An example of memorable customer service is:
- A store giving a customer a coupon for 50% off their next purchase along with a full refund for a defective product.
- A hotel restaurant that does not serve from the lunch menu until after 11:00 am providing a boxed lunch at 7:30 am to a guest who is going to be out of the hotel for lunch.
- A drugstore pharmacist who offers to deliver a prescription to a home-bound customer during a severe winter storm.
- A bus driver who gets off the bus at a stop during a rain storm and opens an umbrella over a rider between the stop shelter and the bus.
- D. Smiling and acknowledging a customer the moment he or she arrives.
- A, B, and D.
- A, B, C, and D. All of these are examples of memorable service.