Duration: 5 to 10 minutes.
- Start with a simple query that retrieves the street_address, postal_code, city,
state_province and country_id from the locations table.
- Add a DECODE function call that checks the country_id. If
the value of country id is 'US' then display the word
'Domestic' otherwise display the word 'Foreign'.
- Create a query with an inner join on the employees and jobs tables.
- In the query's SELECT statement, choose the first_name,
last_name, job_title, salary increased by 10%, the min_salary
and the max_salary.
- Add a case statement (aliased by new title) that
appends the word 'Senior' to the title for any employee
who's salary when adjusted by 10% exceeds the
max_amount permitted for the job title.