Using the Cloud
SkyDrive provides account holders with a certain amount of free cloud storage.
You will need a SkyDrive account to perform the following. If you do not have one, go to https://skydrive.live.com to sign up.
To save and share a document to SykDrive:
- Add SkyDrive to your list of Places in Word, by selecting the FILE menu, and then clicking Save As.
- Click Add a Place.
- In the Add a Place section, select SkyDrive.
- In the Add a service dialog box, enter your email address and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- To save your document to the cloud and share it, select the FILE menu and click Share.
- Click Save To Cloud.
- In the Save As section, click your SkyDrive account.
- Click Browse and navigate to the SkyDrive folder you want to use, and then name your document and click Save.
- Log in to your SkyDrive account in a web browser at: https://skydrive.live.com/.
- Navigate to your document and select the check box.
- Select Sharing.
- Type the recipient's email address and a message, if desired. Uncheck the Recipients can edit check box if you want to give the recipient read-only access. When done selecting options, click Share.
- Your recipient can now view and change (if you did not uncheck the Recipients can edit check box) your document.