Working with Tasks
Duration: 15 to 20 minutes.
In this exercise, you will create a task and update that task with new information. You will also change your task view.
- Create a task for planning a team event, which starts next Monday with a due date of Wednesday.
- Save and close the task.
- Update the task with a new due date of Thursday.
- Set the tasks view by start date.
- If not already in the Tasks area, go to it by selecting Tasks in the Navigation Pane.
- On the Tasks Ribbon, on the HOME tab, in the New group, select New Task.
- In the Task dialog box, enter the task's subject, relating to scheduling a team event, in the Subject field.
- Use the Start date and Due date drop-down lists to set a start and end date for your task of next Monday and Wednesday, respectively.
- When the task is complete, select Save & Close in the Actions group of the TASK tab of the Ribbon.
- Reopen the task by double-clicking it in the Tasks area.
- Using the Due date drop-down area, change the due date to next Thursday.
- Save your changes by selecting Save & Close in the Actions group of the Task tab of the Ribbon.
- While still in the Tasks area, on the Tasks Ribbon, select the VIEW tab.
- From the Arrangements group, select Start Date.