Work with Notes
You can create and work with notes in Outlook.
Create and Manage Notes
To create and work with notes:
- Go to Notes view, if not already there, by selecting Notes in the Navigation Pane.
- From the New group of the HOME tab, select New Note.
- Enter the note text.
- Click the X in the upper-right corner to close and save the note.
- To update a note, in Notes view, double-click the note and make changes.
Create a Journal Entry
You can use the Outlook journal feature to record information for anything you do.
To create a journal entry:
- Go to Folders view, if not already there, by selecting Folders in the Navigation Pane.
- In the Folders list, select Journal.
- In the New group of the HOME tab, select Journal Entry.
- Enter the information and click Save & Close to save the journal entry.
To work with the journal in Outlook 2007, select Tools then select Options, and then click Journal Options.