Create a Task
Tasks created in Outlook will be displayed in your Outlook Tasks area, as well as on your calendar.
To create a task:
- If not already in the Tasks area, go to it by selecting Tasks in the Navigation Pane.
- On the Tasks Ribbon, on the HOME tab, in the New group, select New Task.
- In the Task dialog box, enter the task's subject in the Subject field.
- Use the Start date and Due date drop-down lists to set start and end dates for your task.
- Use the Status, Priority, and % Complete drop-down arrows to set a status, priority, and percentage complete for the task.
- If desired, have Outlook remind you of this task by checking the Reminder check box and using the date and time drop-down arrows.
- You can then click the Reminder Sound icon to set a reminder sound.
- Set the sound in the Reminder Sound dialog box, and click OK.
- If desired, enter notes about the task in the body of the task.
- When the task is complete, select Save & Close in the Actions group of the TASK tab of the Ribbon.
- The task now appears in your Task list, as well as on your calendar.